(AOF) – No miracle on Wall Street where US markets should fail to post a sixth consecutive session of decline. The statistics of the day, inflation, supports the dollar, even if it came out in line with expectations. Investors are now waiting for the concrete in trade talks between the United States and China. Around 17:30, the Dow Jones lost 0.49% to 23,883.64 points while the Nasdaq Composite fell 0.60% to 6,944.10 points. The weekly report should, however, be positive.
The largest decline in the S & P 500 index, Activision Blizzard shares fell 9.99% to 46.225 dollars. The video game publisher is shaken by its separation with Bungie, studio developer of the game Destiny. The latter has decided to self-publish while the two groups were partners since 2010. This is a blow for Activision Blizzard, Destiny is one of the biggest title in its catalog with Call of Duty, World of Warcraft or Overwatch. The financial terms of the agreement between the two video game companies have not been disclosed.
The economic figures of the day
Consumer prices fell 0.1% in December compared to November and increased 1.9% year-on-year. The Reuters consensus was -0.1% and 1.9%. Excluding the volatile components of energy and food, they increased by 0.2% and 2.2%, respectively. The Reuters consensus was 0.2% and 2.2%.
The values to follow today
Apple plans to release three new iPhone models this fall, including a successor to the XR, the cheap 2018 handset with a disappointing LCD display, says the Wall Street Journal quoting sources close to the record . Apple plans to introduce new features, including a triple rear camera for the highest-end model and a dual rear camera for the other two models.
After a period of hesitation, the new Brazilian president, Jair Bolsonaro, finally endorsed the merger between Embraer and Boeing. The leader felt that the interests of the country were preserved. This strategic partnership is intended to create a joint venture that includes Embraer's activities in the commercial aviation and services sectors. Under the terms of the partnership, Boeing will own 80% of the joint venture capital of $ 4.2 billion and Embraer the remaining 20%.
Global PC sales totaled 68.6 million units in the fourth quarter of 2018, down 4.3%, the consulting firm Gartner announced. In 2018, PC sales declined 1.3% to 259.4 million units. The top three suppliers increased their market share, with Lenovo, HP Inc. and Dell accounting for 63% of computer sales in the fourth quarter of 2018, compared with 59% in the fourth quarter of 2017.
JOHNSON & JOHNSON
In the United States, Johnson & Johnson has raised prices for approximately two dozen prescription drugs, such as Stelara for the treatment of psoriasis, Zytiga for prostate cancer and Xarelto anticoagulant. The price increase is between 6% and 7%, depending on the treatments. The health group also announced the end of the offer on the capital of Japanese Ci: z that he did not hold yet. He now owns 89% of the capital.